30.11.1999 | what’s on
by The Danish Architecture Centre, DAC
Dansk Arkitektur Center
Leaders of international architecture institutions, curators and professionals are invited to join the exploration of future visions for the architecture institution.
The Danish Architecture Centre is preparing the emergence of a new architecture institution in Denmark. The institution is scheduled to open in 2016 in a building designed by OMA, situated in the heart of Copenhagen.
In collaboration with a number of Danish and international players we have initiated a conference looking into the role the architecture institution can and should play in the 21st century. We hope you will share the information with your readers and members.
The speakers at the conference represent a broad range of aspects within the architectural world: Urban development, contemporary architecture, exhibition development, preservation, etc.
· OLE BOUMAN, Creative Director of the Hong Kong & Shenzhen Biennale of Urbanism & Architecture
· LARRY NG LYE HOCK, Group Director at Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)
· FRANCIS RAMBERT, Director at Department of architecture – Institut français d’architecture, Cité de l’architecture & du patrimoine
· CARLO RATTI, Director at MIT Senseable City Lab and associated partner at Carlorattiassociati
· MICHAEL STEVNS, Partnership Manager at The Crystal
· FLEMMING BORRESKOV, Chairman at Danish Architecture Centre (DAC) and CEO at Realdania
· KENT MARTINUSSEN, CEO at Danish Architecture Centre
· EVA FRANCH I GILABERT, Director at Storefront for Art and Architecture
· GREGORY K. DREICER, Vice President at Chicago Architecture Foundation (CAF)
· MAARTEN GIELEN, Founder of Rotor
Three central themes will be the focal point of three days of networking, workshops, roundtable discussions and inspirational presentations:
· IMPACT – How does the 21st Century Architecture Institution create value for society?
· CONDITIONS – How is the 21st Century Architecture Institution organized?
· METHODS – How can the 21st Century Architecture Institution further develop the products we offer to our audiences?
WHO WILL ATTEND
The conference will bring together about 100 international capacities in the field of disseminating architecture. Attached you will find the conference flyer and a list of the invited parties.
JOIN US IN COPENHAGEN TO
· Take part in an intense debate
· Share your experience and visions as drivers of change
· Build valuable connections
· Be updated about current exhibitions and projects from architecture institutions worldwide
Find the programme and more at: www.dedicatedtoarchitecture.dk
For general inquiries about the conference and the programme, please contact
Project Manager Anette Sørensen
T: + 45 3257 1930 / +45 2287 6849
Line Juul Greisen
T: + 45 2213 2470